I recently had a project where we were moving our hosting to 1&1. This included moving our phpBB database to the new host.
Some of this was based on the KB article at phpbb.com .
Somethings to note:
- Before exporting the database, change the default board to prosilver.
- On 1&1 hosting, the database user name starts with dbo and is not exactly the same as the database name as it is with some hosts.
- Use BigDump to populate the database. Otherwise, the phpAdmin times out and does not populate all the tables.
- BigDump only processes .sql and .gz files. To get the .sql file into 1&1, zip it and upload it. Then unzip it.
- If the phpBB version is more current than the database, download the new phpBB version from phpBB. Unzip into a new folder. Rezip the install folder and upload to the phpBB folder on the new host. Unzip it there.