OK. Off the topics of my usual posts, but I have a dog named Buster. He has separation anxiety to the max. So much so that we have him on Fluoxetine (doggy Prozac).
I have talked to the director of training at the SPCA, and she recommends seeing a veterinary behaviorist. She gave us two in the area that have good reputations. I am putting them here for anyone else who may benefit from the information.
Dr. Karen Sweda, Los Angeles, 310 473-2951
Stephanie Swartz, Tustin, 949-342-6644 website
Also, she recommended other resources to help with reading a dog’s body language and managing multiple dogs in the house.
iOS App – Sue Sternberg’s Dog Park Assistant – Body language
Managing Your Multi-dog Household – Patricia McConnell
I recently had a project where we were moving our hosting to 1&1. This included moving our phpBB database to the new host.
Some of this was based on the KB article at phpbb.com .
Somethings to note:
- Before exporting the database, change the default board to prosilver.
- On 1&1 hosting, the database user name starts with dbo and is not exactly the same as the database name as it is with some hosts.
- Use BigDump to populate the database. Otherwise, the phpAdmin times out and does not populate all the tables.
- BigDump only processes .sql and .gz files. To get the .sql file into 1&1, zip it and upload it. Then unzip it.
- If the phpBB version is more current than the database, download the new phpBB version from phpBB. Unzip into a new folder. Rezip the install folder and upload to the phpBB folder on the new host. Unzip it there.